07 April 2011

More Sneak Peeks...

So, a peek into a few more of the things I'm working on at the moment, thanks to my trusty sketchbook:

I'm playing with the idea of making an illuminated page of the Code of Chivalry (based on the ideals set forth in the Song of Roland) for a friend. These are a few of the motifs I am contemplating using.

More fun with decorative borders and such - this time Celtic rather than Ottonian. I enjoy drawing Celtic knots, even if they can be a bit frustrating. Oh, and a brief nod to Edmund Blair Leighton because I love him. :-)


Another project idea that has me quite excited - doing a full, illuminated layout of Tennyson's The Lady of Shalott. I'm going to track down nice vellum and gold leaf (rather than the gold gouache I've been using) and really take my time on it. Plus, full page illustrations for each section of the poem. This should take me a while, but it will be a labour of love! Keep your eyes peeled for more of this. I'm still working on what I want the compositions for the illustrations to be, and the style of the lettering and such.

Also, some quick thumbnail sketches for an illustration based on the idea of the "Sorceror's Apprentice". So, we'll see how that goes. At the moment, I'm leaning most towards the second of the three sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment