01 May 2010

A few works in progress

Here are just a few things that I'm working on at the moment - I'll post the finishes soon. In the meantime, I would love to hear what people think of where they are at the moment.

My thesis this semester has been Irish folktales. This girl has found herself in a faery ring. Whoops. I'm going to be experimenting with ink on this one.

More from thesis. This piece is actually further along than it was when I took the photo (for one thing, the white places are filled in, haha). I'm currently working on adding more darks in the background. Also, pending how the above experimentation with ink goes, I might work back into the linework.


And, a really brief look at the sketches for a project in Computer Imaging - making cd packaging. All of you should look up and listen to The Clockwork Quartet.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man I love the sketchbook stuff! It's so fitting for them, especially with your pallet. I think it'll just look fantastic.

    You're digitally coloring those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it. I will be working digitally on it. We'll see how that goes. What's your opinion of digital textures as opposed to just colour?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think digital textures, if done well, can take a good piece to a great piece. If done poorly it can take a good piece to a god awful abomination of art that looks overly photoshopped.

    The key is always in moderation. When used sparingly it creates great focal points or accents, when over used it looks like junior high school wanna-be cut paper.

    ReplyDelete